Our Family

Our Family
December 2009

Monday, January 21, 2008

House, Work, & NCLEX

Wow! It has been a long time since I have updated!!
We have been busy as usual. Finish one thing & start another, that is how life is supposed to be right??
Anyhow, our house is officially on the market as of last Monday. We have had 1 showing so far (thanks to the freezing weather & snow) & I have been doing a TON of cleaning. I knew we had a lot of stuff we didn't need, but I had no idea how much! I have done all the closests now (6, but who is counting), under 2 beds, some cabinets & the basement. With that 2 car loads have gone to Goodwill, a trailer of trash to the dumpster & all our Christmas & some other things to storage. It has been 2 full weeks of work, but the house looks GREAT!! Now we are just hopeing that it sells quickly. If you didn't know we are building a new house. It won't be finished until the end of August, but we are okay with moving to an apartment for a few months to save some money while we are waiting. We are very excited, but nervous just the same. I will post pictures as things develope, right now there are just sticks in the ground for the foundation to be dug. Nothing too exciting yet!
I am now in my 6th week of orientation at Children's. It is going pretty well. I am not sure that I like doing the whole chemo thing though. I am in the process of making some decisions about what I really want to do. Not to mention working nights is not so easy! I will keep everyone updated as I make my decisions.
NCLEX is coming up next week!!! YIKES! I don't think I could ever really be fully prepared, even if I spent 15 hours a day studying for a week. I am just going to do some practice tests & do the best I can.
Dustin has been slow at work with all of this snow & cold. Other than that he has discovered XBOX Live & is pretty addicted at the moment. I think he does it just to get out of helping get the house ready! :)
That is about all that is going on with us! More next time....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Whitney...Did you hear that I'm transferring to the Northland Urgent Care?? At the very least, being a mom makes it very difficult to realize the emotional challenge that comes from working with mostly chronically or terminally ill kids. It's just not fair for them and I can't really handle the paranoia that slaps me in the face at each new diagnosis! Otherwise, all is well!! Keep us posted and GOOD LUCK and many prayers for boards!

The Foley Five said...

You will do GREAT!! I have all the faith in your nursing skills Whitney!! Don't over do it or you will start to second guess yourself. Good luck!!