Our Family

Our Family
December 2009

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Update From The Doctor's Office

The nurse called today about lunch time. She said your Toxemia labs came back within normal. Good news!
I told the nurse I had been checking my blood pressure regularly at home & that yesterday they were running 130-140/90's, but today they have been much better at 110-120/80's. I asked her at what point I should be concerned. She said if it consistantly stays 140/90 or above to call. I am also supposed to be watching for increased headaches, vision changes & nausea. Which I thought I told them I was having at my appt, but I will call if any of the above come back.
As you can tell I am a little frustrated. I know that right now everything is fine & with the labs coming back normal my body is handling the increase in B/P okay. But of course I am a worrier!
So I am back at work tonight & so far so good. I haven't checked my B/P yet, but I am feeling okay (just tired, goes with the not sleeping thing which I should probably get used to, right?). I am trying to just stay positive & not stress about anything, easier said than done at times.

1 comment:

Amber said...

I hate blood pressure! I have officially decided that personally! :) When do you go back to the dr? I am also a little frustrated because I feel like they are watching me at the office, sending me to be observed, releasing me and then I do nothing at home to monitor how I am. I have many questions and concerns that I am going to discuss with them today. You cannot tell someone such important and scary news and then keep them in the dark!

My dr and Susan thought it would be better if I stayed home and didn't go to my class. So I am still stuck in this house! I think I am going to scrapbook for a little bit, fill out thank you's, upload some pictures, etc. I am going to send you pictures of your shower. Sorry it has taken so long. Anyhow, if you don't hear from me in awhile, make sure you check the cracks of my couch for me!!! Oh, and I keep forgetting - I will get that material to you in the next couple of days. Take care and keep me updated!