Our Family

Our Family
December 2009

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Introducing Kenzie!

Meet our newest addition Kenzie!

We have been looking for another dog for a little bit now. Hesitating of course because of the animals we already have & with the baby on the way. Well, yesterday we took the plunge! Scout really LOVES being with other dogs & we wanted him to have a companion. 

Are we crazy? YES! 

Do we love it? YES!!

Kenzie is a 3 month old, Pit bull. I know there is a lot of controversy about the breed. But after hours & hours of research & adopting Scout when he needed a good home we wouldn't want anything else. If raised in the right home Pits are amazing family dogs. Loving, loyal, protective & funny. 


Kenzie is black in color with the white markings on her chest (just like Scout). She is short & stalky & has clumsy feet. She will grow to be between 60 & 70lbs full grown. 


Kenzie is adapting well to her new surroundings. She is kennel trained & stays in there when we are gone & at night. We are still working on the potty training though. We take her out every 1 to 2 hours, but she is still peeing on the floor. 
Any suggestions?

4 comments:

Amber said...

She is super duper cute! I wanna kiss her lil' nose. Welcome to a whole new world with a puppy - it is quite an experience. I have only been home with Franklin since Friday night and if I don't get him fixed soon... I might be less a dog! (not really!) :)

Oh the peeing issue, she should pick up on Scout peeing and mark his spot behind him. If she pees in the house, you are supposed to put her nose in it, take her outside and make sure she knows that is where she is to go. We always said "we potty outside" and now Franklin has it down - with an occasional accident. Good luck .. you will get some patience training before the baby even comes!!! :)

She's a cutie for sure! I bet she still has puppy breath too, huh?

The Hammontrees said...

She's really cute! And looks just like Scout!! How cool. Good luck with the puppy thing, though :) You are a brave woman!

Jess said...

She's so cute!!! I can't wait to meet her!! Bust out that black light!! :) Good luck with the potty training, I wouldn't know where to start!!! Miss you!!

smynatt said...

Do not leave a bowl of water out where she can get to it. Just give her water now and then, and then sit it where she cannot get to it. And definitely no water at least an hour before bedtime. And, obviously, take her outside right before bedtime.

I also leave a puppy pad somewhere in the house where she knows where it is and can get to it in case of an emergency.

I have two new puppies also! I had to put my Chow Chow down in early December. We have a terrier/lab mix (Beamer James) and a Dachshund/weiner dog (Dozer Eugene). Ha Ha! They are awesome!