Our Family

Our Family
December 2009

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Time

I have to admit that I was not really looking forward to Christmas this year. Many things have changed in both Dustin & my family's over the past year & I knew things would be different. But to my surprise we had a really wonderfully pleasant day with both our family's!!

We began our celebration Christmas Eve at The Sumner's house. For those of you that don't know Mrs. Sumner & Jim (this is what I have called them since I can remember) are family friends of mine & now are family to me that I have known since I was born. My grandparents lived next door to them & then my Mom & I lived up the street from them for several years. Anyway, we had a nice chili dinner with munchies on the side & good conversation. Dustin & I also got to experience the Wii for the first time!!! We had soo much fun we have decided we have to have one! We played Tiger Woods Golf, of course Dustin won, the video game expert he is.

On Christmas day we started at Dustin's parents at around 9:00 with cinnamon rolls. We then opened our gifts. They surprised us with a new TV for our front living room, what an amazingly nice gift!! Totally too much!! I am not one to like more than 1 TV in the house, because I feel like it divides everyone up. But I am tired of watching Dustin play XBox, so it was time! We than ate a huge meal of ham, mashed potatoes, corn, mac n cheese, & yummy rolls. After we all couldn't breath anymore we decided we should probably stop eating. We spent the early afternoon playing Devin's (Dustin's 12 year old sister) new Life game, which by the way now comes with debit cards instead of paper money, who knew. At about 3:30pm we ventured home to let Scout out & then to my parent's in Kearney. I was bummed because my Mom was making soup this year instead of a traditional Christmas dinner, but she made my 2 favorite kinds of soup & they were both very yummy! I don't think we could have eaten another huge meal. We had a really nice time visiting & then we all played Scatagories (spelling?) with my parents, brothers, Aunt & cousins. We played this Thanksgiving day also & had so much fun! It is always funny to hear what everyone comes up with. :) We continued to enjoy dessert & munchies of course. We were tired & decided Scout had been home long enough so about 9:00pm we headed home. All in all it was a really great day!!!

Since the day after Christmas we have been searching Kansas City for a Wii. Unfortunately everyone & I mean everyone is sold out & no idea as to when more are coming. We also went to get a cable box for our new TV & we even had to go on a waiting list for that. Which is fine, since we have to have a new cable jack put in! We have enjoyed a couple movies in our "new living room" though. I must say it is different to sit upstairs. Our main living room has & still will be our family room, it is just different to watch TV somewhere else.

We are thankful to have spent the day with our family! We are all so busy these days with our everyday lives we often forget to take time out just to visit & spend time with one another.

No comments: