Our Family

Our Family
December 2009

Thursday, December 4, 2008

**18 Weeks**

We have made it to 18 weeks today! I am so happy & excited to be (finally) experiencing this pregnancy journey! It is still so surreal to me. At times I don't even feel pregnant & then I walk by a mirror. :) Actually I don't really think I am that "big", I'm sure my time is coming so I am not at all worried about it. I am still wearing 1 pair of my jeans, I just am not ready to surrender to the maternity jeans yet (they are so unappealing). I am so used to wearing my jeans so low (since that seems to be all that is available these days) that when I put on the maternity jeans they feel so much higher & just uncomfortable. I'm sure in a few more weeks I will think they are God's gift to earth. :)

I am still feeling good. Just the occasional headaches & my once a day dizzy/fainty spells. Which yes I have asked & have been told it is normal. It is to do with the increased blood volume. Luckily, they don't last long & then I am on my way. 

The countdown is on... 5 more days until we find out what we are having. We have some pretty concrete beliefs that this little one is a boy, which is totally opposite of my gut instinct! But all will be confirmed in just a few more days! :) I am excited to start decorating our "blank" nursery & trying to come up with names we both really like! Who knew naming a baby would be so difficult. You don't want something to baby like for when they are adults & you don't want something to grown up for when they are a baby. Anyway we have a few in mind, but none that we are set on. I would like to go into delivery with 2 names that we really like & then when we see the baby pick which one we think fits the best. 

Thanks for stopping in! I hope to get Christmas decor pictures up soon! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I fainted a lot, it was horrible. I had to basically just stay at home towards the end. Don't worry, that won't happen to you!

Anonymous said...

Whit, I just wanted to tell you that Lucky Brand Maternity jeans are the best thing ever! They are a little expensive but I feel that it was way worth it to buy them!! Hope all is well and I can not wait to see you both really soon!!!

Amber said...

Only a few more days left until the big reveal - although it will seem like forever! :) It is amazing how much more prepared you instantly feel knowing the sex. Names are tough - very tough... but you will know when you find it. We are still on the search! The 3% of my gut feeling that I was having a boy was right - but I am sooo super excited. I think it was even more exciting since I didn't expect it at all. You better make sure you let me know as soon as you find out!!! I cannot wait - it is one of the greatest days in your life!!!!! :)