Our Family

Our Family
December 2009

Monday, November 24, 2008

The Beginnings of the Nursery

We have started on the nursery!

I know many of you are probably thinking it is early, but I want to be on top of things, not rushing at the end!

Anyway, we got it from Nebraska Furniture Mart. The one we wanted at USA Baby was really nice, but very expensive. We decided to be more practical & be able to get more items. I do really love this crib! The slats are wider which gives it a really nice look. 

We were able to purchase a crib, mattress, 2 mattress pads, a chest, & a recliner. I know a recliner in a baby's room. I thought that too! I wanted a chair with ottoman, but we got to looking & this chair was 1/2 the price! I am sure we will LOVE it on the sleepless nights to come.







Of course we have much more to do. Which I am anxious to get going! Once we find out what we are having we will be ready to get bedding & curtains. The rest will come as we find it!

6 comments:

"The Verhulsts" said...

Looks great! I love the crib- very classic!

Jess said...

Yay!! I want it to be a boy so lincoln has a buddy!! You guys can all do girls next time and they will have big brothers!!! I'm so glad you guys are finding out the sex of the baby!!! It makes buying gifts tons easier!!!! :)

Jess said...

ps I wanna see that belly in person!!! I haven't seen you in forever!!!

Anonymous said...

I have yet to have a sleepless night, I've been very lucky and you may too! You will love the recliner for breastfeeding (I'm assuming you will, I guess). I had the middle of the night feedings, but I enjoyed them. Bonding is great! And you're not too early, I did mine early, too.

The Foley Five said...

Very sweet! I think the recliner is a great idea... I remember wanting to just recline back and sleep with her in my arms but the glider didn't quite allow for that! Can't wait to see more!

GBabies said...

Yes, of course I remember you Whitney. Congrats on your news as well. I know you dealt with a lot of struggles and I hope those days are behind you. Take care of yourself!