Our Family

Our Family
December 2009

Thursday, May 14, 2009

2 Week Doctor's Appointment

Yesterday Drake had his 2 week doctor's appointment, can you believe it already?

We did really well, our appointment was a 1045 & we were out the door, me, Drake, Scout & Kenzie showered & ready for the day by 1030. That's a record!!! 

Anyway, his checkup went well! All his newborn screenings (thyroid, cystic fibrosis, metabolic, etc) came back normal, which is GREAT news! He also now weighs 6lbs 6oz! If you remember he weighed 6#2oz at birth, then dropped to 5#10oz. Last Wednesday he was 5#13oz. So in 7 days he gained 9oz, way to go breast milk!! His head & length are still the same. 

I had a few questions/concerns, but all were answered or clarified & all in all he is a HEALTHY BOY!! I am so excited to be able to say that. After all we went through to get here I was so worried that he would be sick or have some sort of disorder. But thank Heavens he doesn't! 

As of today he is finally "free"! His plastibell from his circ came off a couple days ago & today he lost his cord. So you know what that means, a real bath!!! We didn't have time today, but hopefully tomorrow we can do that! 

Everything else is going good. Breast feeding is difficult, I am not going to lie! He is eating every 1 to 2 hours the last couple days, which makes for long nights & soreness for me. I am trying to pump more too, now that I am able to get milk so that we can start using a bottle once a day so Dustin can feed him or for outings. It is a little difficult to go out when he is eating so often. 

We have been going on several outings. We try to go somewhere each day, even if we don't get out of the car. It is good for both of us!

I hear him waking up now to eat so off I go!!

1 comment:

Amber said...

I cannot wait to hear how he likes taking a bath! I bet he will absolutely love it. Bath time is quite comical in our house. E.T. LOVES bath time, but hates getting out, getting cold, and then getting ready for bed. But once you put that bottle in his mouth, all the sadness disappears! :)