I went today to Quest lab to have more blood drawn. I am wondering if I am going to have any left. I wished I would have started counting the tubes when this journey began a year ago (June 2007). I bet it has been 30 tubes by now! Anyhow, I got there at 0830. There were 2 people in front of me (even though I had an appt). So I went back at 0900. They drew the Estradol and FSH levels and the 1st 2 tubes for the Glucose test. They then gave me a 10oz bottle to drink. I was expecting it to be horrible, that is what everyone has been telling me. It looked like pop & to my surprise tasted like it too! What a relief. I had to drink the whole bottle in 5 minutes, to top it off they made me sit in the waiting room. Done with that part, no wait, and wait, and wait. I had to have a blood draw at 1000 and then 1100. The waiting room was full, people came and went. Luckily, there were some magizines to read. So finally it was 1100. By this time I am tired, ready to go, and FREEZING cold!! For those of you that I work with you know that I am never cold!! My finger nails were purple I was so cold. So I went back and a different lady was to draw the last sample. Previously the had done them out of my left arm (in the same spot I might add, bruise #1). So this time is was to the right arm. She felt around, stick, fish (ouch), JAB (OUCH!) - she said sometimes you just have to jab it in the vein. I wanted to say, your lucky you didn't blow it, but I kept my mouth shut. But the time I got to the car I already had a bruise. If people didn't know better, they would think I am doing drugs or something. Anyway, I am done with the blood draws for now. Everything should be to Dr. G's office by Friday when I go for my Saline Sonography, except for the Karotyping. That takes a bit to come back. So time will tell.
So I have a thought. When we met with Dr. G a few weeks ago we talked about taking progesterone starting at Day 18 of each cycle and to continue it once I get pregnant or stop it and start it again the next month. Well, he said there is an option to take Clomid in place of the progesterone with the same effect, it will just increase my chance of multiples. I am thinking tonight that I may want to try it. Is that selfish?? I just don't know what is going to happen with this whole pregnancy thing and I think if we can have twins with the first go around, I would be okay with being done (maybe). As most of you know I have always wanted 4 kids and still do, but times are trying and I don't know if that can happen. Anyway, just wanted some thoughts on that. I think I will talk to Dr. G about it on Friday.
So it is HOT!!! This weather is miserable!! Scout and I finally went on a walk tonight at almost dark. It was actually quite nice.
Oh I almost for got. I took Scout to the vet today. Nothing major. He was due for a shot and he has had a spot on his leg since Thursday that I wanted to get checked. Turns out it is called a "hot spot", basically since he is a nervous/anxious dog he probably did it himself. I still think it is a bug bite or sting, but who am in. Anyway it is healing fine, the hair is growing back and unless there is any sign of infection we just have to let it heal. He is 64.8 pounds, which is actually less than our last visit. They said that is normal for summer time. Must be all the walking we have been doing. It has helped me lose a couple pounds too! I LOVE MY SCOUT!!
Until next time...
1 comment:
I say go for twins... or more even!! You guys have been through so much already! There is nothing selfish about wanting as many babies as you can at once. I think it's actually smart! :-)
Post a Comment