Our Family

Our Family
December 2009

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Still Assessing...

Sorry I haven't been updating. I know I said last Tuesday I would. But we have this new Imac and I can't figure out the whole picture thing! My laptop is working now, so I will put new pics up soon.

On to what everyone is wondering about. 

Last Monday (7/28/08) Dustin and I went to have our blood drawn for our Chromosome Analysis (Kareotyping). Very simple blood draw, just 1 tube even (about the size of the waste tubes at work). That was it. Now we wait for the results, which I am told can take a while. 

This coming Monday I go into the lab for a 3 hour visit to do my Glucose/Insulin Resistance test to see if I run on the higher side (I am pretty optimistic that I don't, but you never know). I will also be having my Estradol and FSH levels drawn that day as it will be cycle day #3. These are both hormone levels to find out if I am ovulating correctly.

I have to admit I was a little nervous a few days ago. I am a 30 day cycle girl, on the dot every month. The only times I have ever been late I have been pregnant. Well it was day 32, then day 33 and still no monthly visitor. I too (along with Amber) have an obsession with the "pee sticks" and used 3 of them on Thursday. All came out negative! I am only happy about this now because I want to get all the test results back before we are pregnant again. So after a few nervous days I started this morning. 

No more nerves. Now lets get some results!!

This morning I went to the Farmer's Market in Parkville and then to visit the St. Jude house (that wasn't complete). I was home by 10:00am and we have spent the rest of the day doing "chores". It has been a very productive and nice day at home!

I will leave you with a poem that I "stole" from another blog that I feel is quite fitting.

Please be gentle with me for I am grieving.
The sea I swim in is a lonely one
and the shore seems miles away.
Waves of despair numb my soul
as I struggle through each day.
My heart is heavy with sorrow.
I want to shout and scream
and repeatedly ask "why?"
At times, my grief overwhelms me
and I weep bitterly,
so great is my loss.
Please don't turn away
or tell me to move on with my life.
I must embrace my pain
before I can begin to heal.
Companion me through tears
and site with me in loving silence.
Honor where I am in my journey,
not where you think I should be.
Listen patiently to my story,
I may need to tell it over and over again.
Its how I begin to grasp the enormity of my loss.
Nurture me through the weeks and months ahead.
Forgive me when I seem distant and inconsolable.
A small flame still burns within my heart,
and shared memories my trigger
both laughter and tears.
I need your support and understanding.
There is no right or wrong way to grieve.
I must find my own path.

Please Be Gentle  By Jill B. Englar



3 comments:

Amber said...

Thank you Whitney! I am glad that things are starting to move forward for you. I hope that all of these tests tell them something. I know it is extremely scary, but I'm sure it is something that just needs to be tweaked and you and Dustin will be on your way!

Funny that we are both obsessed with those damn pee sticks! I can't help it! :) Good luck and keep me posted. I hope you have a productive week next week. You are in my thoughts and prayers!!!

Anonymous said...

hey whit!! i was bored at work and hopped on your blog thing, i started one for pat and i since i never see anyone with this schedule!!!its been a while since i checked it out!! i love that poem!!! glad things are finally getting resolved and that you weren't prego! haha, it sounds like something that would happen to me!! lemme know how it goes today!! I'm off til thurs night if you wanna grab a drink and catch up!!! I have to offer now cuz soon you'll be pregnant!!! miss you!!

Amber said...

I was just checking up on you to see how your appointment went today?!? I was praying for you. Did you have a little Indian girl draw your labs? Or did you not go to the office? If you ever get her, be prepared. She is not confident and pokes the s*** out of ya. I guess it is paybacks for all the IV starts and GCSF injections we have to give to the kidos! :) I'm thinking about you -hoping you get good news! When do you get your karotype results back?

Amber