Our Family

Our Family
December 2009

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

15 Weeks


This brings us to the present!!!
This week has been a week for new things! 

Last Friday night Drake stayed at my parents house overnight for the 1st time. He did really good, except for bedtime. He likes to be with his parents at bedtime! But he slept good thru the night & was happy the next day to play! They enjoyed having him, hopefully it will just get better & better!

I am also sad to say that his hair has gotten long & is no longer spikey. :( He looks like a different baby with his hair combed to the side, still cute though! He for sure needs a hair cut & I am thinking about having them cut it short on top so I can spike it. I know it isn't the same when it doesn't do it on its own, but it fits his personality better than combed hair. We shall see.

He is getting closer & closer to sleeping through the night! He goes to bed between 8:00 & 9:00 pm & sleeps for 8 to 9 hours before waking up! He then will eat & go back down for another 3 to 4 hours. At that point if I bring him in bed with me & let him nurse his breakfast feeding there he will go back to sleep for another 2 to 4 hours! That is good sleeping!! It is great, especially when I have to work. I bet in the next month or so he will be sleeping all the way through.

For about 2 weeks now he has been drooling like crazy!! He also pulls EVERYTHING to his mouth. Before he was just sucking on things he put in his mouth, now he is actually chewing on them. This morning he was chewing on his tongue! I feel his gums everyday, they are hard, but nothing is coming thru. Today was the first day he has actually been fussy. He also had several loose stools. So I am wondering if a little tooth is going to pop on thru soon. 


We tried out the Bumbo again this week & he likes it much more now! 

And we tried our jumper again & he likes it too! He is still just a touch too short, but with the help of a folded blanket he can touch with his entire foot. He doesn't jump or move around, but he likes the toys. His favorite is the sunshine, yet again with eyeballs. 

I Love these 2 pictures!


Talking to Wally, again. I think it might be his best friend. :) Besides Mommy of course. 

2 comments:

Emily said...

Whitney, Lots of new good posts and pics! It was great seeing Drake at Shelley's shower, he has sure grown up since I last saw him at Mindy's shower. Looks like things are getting better everyday!

Amber said...

Glad to hear you are getting a good amount of sleep! It is so amazing how much they change, by leaps and bounds. Evan still has no teeth, I keep thinking any day now - but nothing! He's going to be drooling and chewing for a really long time! :)

Sounds like things are coming right along. We need to plan a play date for the doggies, boys, and mommies!