Our Family

Our Family
December 2009

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Moby Wrap

What a great invention! I know this has been around a while now, but I had never heard of it & I am so glad I discovered this amazing piece of fabric (literally). It is basically a very long piece of fabric that is then wrapped around the upper body to wear your baby. It is like using a carrier, but much more comfortably for both Mom & baby. We used our wrap out & about for the first time last Wednesday as we ventured to the grocery store. It worked great! Drake got his way as to him it is like I am holding him & I was able to use my hands. It is going to take some practice because I still feel like I need to support him in it. I also am going to have to remember to dress him in just a onsie when we are going to be using it, my hot baby gets sweaty really quickly.
Kind of a weird picture in I know, but I was trying to show how it works. This is called the "front facing hold". When we were at the store I had him facing me because he had fallen asleep in the car & I was hoping he would continue his nap. No such luck, but he was tired enough he tolerated me carrying him like that.

Look at my chunky monkey! I can't believe how big he has gotten! Don't mind his "comb over". I gave him a bath the next day & brought the spike back even though it really is too long!



I LOVE his face in this picture!! I think I am going to kiss this poor kids face off!

That's another fun thing he does (he's been doing it for a while). If we make a kissing sound he will give us kisses! The classic open mouth kiss, but a kiss non the less! He even did it to Dustin the other night & then made a funny face, I think because of his scartchy facial hair. I don't blame him, I don't like it either!

No comments: