Our Family

Our Family
December 2009

Monday, August 24, 2009

Thumb Sucker?!?!

Yesterday I look over & Drake has his thumb in his mouth!!! I immediately pulled it out, but a little later he was doing it again!

At first he was just chewing on it, but then he was actually sucking on it. I wondered if this would happen as he is not a huge fan of the paci. He will take it for sleeping, but that's about it. 

Today, the thumb was much more frequent. It is always his left. 

It is kind of funny because as he is trying to figure it out he keeps poking himself in the eye & getting slobber all over his face!

If I had a choice I don't particularly want him to suck his thumb & I by all means will not encourage it. But if I have learned anything in this Mommy role it is to roll with the punches. It's not the end of the world!

1 comment:

The Foley Five said...

Ooooh! Kali is such a thumb sucker... break it while you can! She is 3 and can't hardly walk without using that darn thumb!!