This evening we made our first trip to the labor & delivery floor at St. Lukes! I am excited to say that because it means things are moving along, just not quite far enough along yet.
I have been having contractions off & on for the last few days & this afternoon they became more regular (about 3 to 6 min apart). I could still function with them, but was also having back pain & shooting pains in my pelvic area (I know lovely, right).
I called the doctor & they said I can always go in to be checked out. If I feel like it is needed or the contractions get worse to go ahead & go.
Dustin came home at 5:00pm, we got a doggie sitter & off we went.
When we got there they hooked me up to the monitors, checked my urine, checked my vitals, checked my cervix & checked to see if my water had broke.
My water had not broke, my cervix was still at a 1, my urine was fine, my vitals were good except my B/P which was 140/87, baby's heart rate was good in the 150's, & I was having good contractions about every 3 to 4 minutes apart.
They then wanted to watch me for an hour, check labs for Toxemia, & then recheck my cervix.
2 hours later my contractions were still happening (a little less intense), my B/P was much better at 125/82, my toxemia labs came back normal, & my cervix was still a 1.
So home we came.
I was instructed to come back if my contractions got worse in intensity (meaning I have to stop what I am doing & can't talk thru them), my water breaks, I have signs of hypertension (headache, blurry vision, dizziness), or I have bleeding.
So now I am hanging out on the couch & playing the waiting game. It is back to work tomorrow night if nothing progresses, doctors appt Wednesday afternoon, & work again on Thursday.
If we have a baby by Sunday, I have been right all along! I have been saying this week thru the whole pregnancy. :) My Mom swears it will be Thursday (the 16th). Dustin still thinks next week. We shall see!!
No comments:
Post a Comment