Our Family

Our Family
December 2009

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Challenges

This past week has been challenging for me. I don't feel great, I am getting bigger by the day (my belly button is even popping out) & I just don't have much energy. To top things off my patients is running thin! 

I know all is well & he still has a couple weeks of "baking" to do, but the waiting game is agonizing! 

I want to work until he comes, but am having to call in because I am out of breath walking up the stairs let alone working 12 hours. 

Last night I was awakened every hour with contractions. This is the 1st night they have actually been strong enough to wake me up. I thought two different times we were going to have to go the the hospital & then they would stop. 

Today I am tired & still having contractions off & on, but not to the point of not being able to talk thru them. Which is when my OB & the L&D floor told me to come back. After talking with one of our friends last night, who is a veteran of 3 you kiddo's, she could always talk thru contractions. This makes me a little nervous that I am going to get to the hospital & be like an 8 or something crazy! 

I am seeing how today goes if I think I can handle work tonight. I am in a dilemma if I should go ahead & start my leave. I don't want to be missing too much, but at the same time I am afraid if I start my leave now this little guy will be late. We will see how the next few hours goes. 

1 comment:

Amber said...

Oh Whit - I feel your pain! I hope that he comes soon so that you can keep your sanity. But I would hate for you to have the issues with him like we have with Evan - simply because he was 3 weeks early. I am reading this book about healthy sleep patterns for children and infants and even their sleep pattern is affected when they are premies! I know you want him out - he is going to have to come some day! :) Maybe we should walk a marathon on Tuesday so that you go into labor. Have you thought about calling April I. at work to see if she would come to your house? I was going to do that, if I went over my due date. I would check into it - I know she has had the magical touch for many girls at work!!!! :)