Our Family

Our Family
December 2009

Monday, April 20, 2009

37 Weeks

Today we are 37 weeks & 4 days along!
Drake is fully grown now & just gaining that cute baby fat we all love to kiss & snuggle on!
It is surreal to be this far & to know that soon we will be holding this baby in our arms. I have at times forgotten the hard times we have gone thru the past few years to get to this point. Although I won't be completely at ease until I see him & know that he is healthy & okay.
This week started the 2nd appt of our weekly regimen now. If you remember (or go down the previous post) last week on Wednesday I was dilated to 2 cm & 80% effaced. Going into the doctor this afternoon I was hoping for all this amazing progress, but Drake has other things in mind. As of 4:30pm today I was still at 2cm dilated, but now 90% effaced. Progress is progress right?
FYI - Effaced is how thin the cervix is. Beginning at 0% & having to get to 100% for delivery.
Last week they also did the strep culture, which today I found out came back positive. Nothing to be alarmed about, it just means I have to have antibiotics once I get to L&D before delivery. The only potential problem there could be is if we got to the hospital too late. :)
So for now it is still a waiting game. I am working on my patients! I keep reminding myself we still have 19 days until our actual due date & sometimes those aren't even exactly right.
~On to the Dogs~
In the morning (Tuesday) after I get off work I am taking both Scout & Kenzie to be "fixed". Kenzie needs to be done before she is 6 months, which is just in a couple weeks & Scout still needs to be done, just because we haven't done it yet. The place we are taking them likes to do them both on the same day. Of course I am a nervous Mommy & am going to have a hard time leaving them there, but I know it is what's best.
That's really all for now. I will update as things move along! :)

No comments: