Our Family

Our Family
December 2009

Thursday, April 30, 2009

~Drake's Arrival~

We came in for induction Wednesday morning (4/29/09) at 7:15am. We got all settled in & started the Pitocin at 8:00am. By 9:00am I was at 3cm dilated, 100% effaced & they broke my water (which was pretty disgusting, by the way). By 11:30am I was ready for my epidural! They came in around noon & placed that, twice because the 1st one didn't take. They checked me again & I was at 4cm. I then layed down & rested until about 1:00pm & called the nurse in because I was feeling a lot of pressure. She checked me & I was 9 1/2! Wow in only an hour! 15 minutes later I was at 10 & ready to go. We had to wait about 20 minutes because someone else was delivering at the same time.
We started pushing with the nurse for 3 contractions & the Dr. Miller came in. 2 more contractions & Drake was here! 20 minutes in all & no tearing! I couldn't have asked for anything better!







Drake Lee Steinhauser
Arrived 4/29/09 @ 2:16pm
6lbs 2oz
19" long
We are both doing great!!!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Congrats to the both of you! Hard to believe that he is finally here, huh? It is all worth every second when you see that lil' person for the first time! Glad to hear that Dustin didn't faint and was quite the trooper during delivery.

Love him to pieces! It truly is amazing how fast they grow. Take pictures all the time because they change every single day! Evan said to tell Drake hello. We will be over for a 'playdate' soon!!!! :) Thinking of you guys! Let me know if you need anything at all...

"The Verhulsts" said...

Congrats to you three! I'm so glad you had such a great labor experience- after the tough end of your pregnancy, you deserved it! Enjoy your baby and can't wait to meet him!