Our Family

Our Family
December 2009

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

34 Week Appointment

We are finishing up week 34! Tomorrow starts our 35th week! I can't believe we are going to be welcoming our Baby Boy into the world soon! It seems so close yet so far away, but if April goes as fast as March did he will be here before we know it!
The last few weeks have been the toughest for me. This 3rd trimester has been my worst. I am just uncomfortable all the time, the swelling in my feet & legs is constant, the pressure in my pelvis & now my back is unbearable at times & to top it all off I can't sleep (between not being able to get comfortable & our Kenzie). I know I am complaining, I don't mean to, I am so ecstatic to be at this point & to be feeling Drake kick & move around so much.
I went to my 34 week appointment today. Dr. Miller said everything looks good & we are right on track. Baby/uterus is measuring right on schedule &his heart beat sounded healthy & strong. She also checked me again today (due to all the pressure I have). I have officially began dilating! Don't get too excited, she said she wouldn't even call it a 1 yet, but progress is progress, right?!? I can't even begin to imagine the pressure I am going to be feeling as we get closer & closer!
We have started making guesses about when we think lil Man will join us. I think it will be during the week of April 13th. Dustin thinks it will be the following week (April 20th) & my Mom said tonight she thinks it will be April 16th. She is going for the day, not even a range! Anyone else have any guesses??
Everything else is moving along. We have everything washed, opened & put away. We are prepared & ready whenever Drake wants to join us. I even have our bags packed for the most part!
Today my friend Amber (from work) is having her Baby Boy!! She has been on bedrest for 4 or 5 weeks now due to high blood pressure. She has been in the hospital since last Thursday & began showing symptoms of preclampsia. So she is now 37 weeks & her doctor decided it is time! They have had a long last 2 days, but hopefully by now they are holding their precious baby!

No comments: