Our Family

Our Family
December 2009

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Any Suggestions?!?!?

*UPDATE*
After trying everything I could think of, all the suggestions & everything I could google my beloved rings would not come off.
So I went to Helzberg & they also tried to get them off with no luck. Out came the cutters. This was much more traumatic than I expected, I was holding back the emotion as she was cutting my wedding rings. I didn't think it would bother me like that, we of course will have them fixed after my swelling goes down, but the thought of my rings being cut was hard.
So with 2 sore fingers, $150.00 to renew our care plans (instead of the $400-$500 to fix them) & all my rings cut I am back home.
I can't wait to get them fixed & wear them again, I knew I missed having them on but I didn't realize how much!
I need some suggestions, fast!
Yesterday we got maternity pictures taken, which was so much fun!! But I of course had to put on my wedding rings (which I have not worn in probably 3 months) & now I CAN'T get them off!!! I had to sleep in them last night hoping the swelling would go down a little, but it hasn't.
I have tried several different things: ice, soap, oil, tape, plastic wrap, etc.
Anyone have any other great ideas?!?!
The next problem is I have to work tonight, which is when I swell the most! If I go to the jewelry store & have them cut off can the fix them later once my fingers get back to a normal size??

3 comments:

Amber said...

I cannot wait to put my wedding rings back on - in fact, I tried 2 days ago and they still will not fit yet. I'm sorry you had to get them cut off, does this mean you have to buy a new ring or can they fix it? I cannot wait to see the maternity pics! Did dustin take some with you too?

Whitney and Dustin said...

Hey!
They can fix my rings. It is quite pricey, but we were able to extend our expired care plans for about 1/2 of what it would cost out of pocket. Dustin did go with me! He wasn't super excited, but I am really glad he went!

Jess said...

O my god!! I would bawl my eyes out!!! that just sucks!!!