Only 1 month (or close to it) left before we meet our BABY!!!!
It is so surreal to think he is going to be here soon. As I walk around the house it is obvious of the change that is appoarching. The bottles & such are washed & in the cabinet, the swing, playpen, bouncy chair, toys, bumbo & car seat are in their "homes" & ready to be used. Our room has his little bassinet & my side table now includes diapers, wipes, blankets & burp rags! His room is complete with our packed bags sitting on the floor (to be moved to the car in the next few days). I don't feel like we could be more ready, but I am sure when the time comes there will be something I don't have! I know everyone thought I was crazy for starting to get things done so early in the pregnancy, but now I can't tell you how glad I am to have everything in place. As we got baby items thru the entire pregnancy I got them washed, put together & put away immediatly & by doing that we have never felt overwhelmed & now we feel prepared. I know if our baby were to join us tomorrow we could bring him home & be ready to care for him without our house being in an uproar. Thanks again to all our friends & family for all the amazing support & generosity you have given & continue to give us!!
This evening we are getting maternity pictures done. I am actually super excited about it!!! I didn't think I wanted to do it, but I am so happy that we are now. I will post some as soon as we have them back!
Yesterday, Tahisha & I went to visit Amber & baby Evan! He is so tiny & cute! Amber seemed to be settling into Mommy-Hood with no problem & was happy to have her "Peanut" home. He is having a little bit of an issue with his billirubin, temperature regulation & losing weight. But they are on top of things & are watching him closely. I am so happy to have a friend to share this amazing experience with & I hope our boys will be buddy's!
2 comments:
Whitney, Thanks for your nice post on our blog. Can't wait to meet your new little guy! Hope this next month is a good one for you. Also, thanks for putting up with all of my random questions. It's nice to get advice from a veteran!
You definitely have been on top of things - which will make the transition so much easier. Even with all my problems, I didn't have my bags packed, which meant Jason had to pack our bags while I was in the hospital on bedrest. Never a good idea for a male to do this - especially when the list I had made out meant nothing to him because he doesn't know what a 'burp rag' or other baby things are called. But it all turned out great!
He is going to be here sooo soon! I cannot wait to meet your lil' man! Thanks again for coming to visit - it is always nice to see everyone at work, since I haven't been there in so long. You are all like family (since we are there so much) so it has definitely been hard at times!
I absolutely cannot wait to spend time with our boys playing together! Our outings will be much more different, even more fun. I cannot wait to meet lil' Drake!!!
Post a Comment